Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Neither Dog

One of my favorite people asked me the other day what I thought of that situation in Ferguson.  I told her that while it's indisputable that one guy is dead, there's some gray area as to whether he had it coming.  "For me, though," I said, "there are two gangs out there that I do not care for.  If Ferguson was a ball-game, I wouldn't cheer for either of them."  And I said that what's happening there, now, will likely be spreading everywhere before long, because both gangs want things that are not theirs to take.

There are no good guys in Ferguson. The liberty movement doesn’t have to side with anyone in order to maintain the position that criminals should be prosecuted and the police shouldn’t be militarized. It’s possible to walk and chew gum at the same time. Aligning with the criminals is a bad move not only from the perspective of optics, but also from the perspective of morals. I am not a criminal, and I have no sympathy for criminals.
There probably are good people in Ferguson.  Neither gang is likely to be of much use to you, if that's where you live and/or work.  Hunker down and defend yourself and your property, or get out.  Videotape everything.
 
That favorite person of mine also said, "Well, I guess we couldn't do without the Law (enforcement)."  I paused to let that simmer, and then told her that I'm becoming less and less convinced that absence of lawmen means absence of law.  I reinforced that point by asking her if she knew anyone (from her 80+ years on this earth) who would be a criminal if there was no opposing threat of getting caught.  Then, I said that even when there are such folks, there are at least as many folks like me who'd gladly eliminate them.
 
This is what's coming.  It's Rightful Liberty meets Individual Sovereignty.  Leave me and mine alone, or pay a dear price.  Matters not a whit which gang's colors you wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment