Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Release Date For Atlas Shrugged

I'd been checking regularly on IMDB.com for updated information regarding the release date for Atlas Shrugged, the movie.  For a while, they had January 1 as the release date, but I was pretty sure that wasn't right.  And then, at first, I thought it was a joke when I read April 15 was to be the date.  So, I did some googling, and yep...that's it.

Perfect.  Tax day.  Tax revolt, day?



You can bet that my schedule is blocked out for this.

I once swore off theatre movie-going, after a final straw type experience.  The last movie I've seen in a theatre was U-571.  In front of me sat two "men" holding hands, and in back of me (in spite of the fact I'd opted for the late show, specifically to avoid younguns), were a woman and her two pre-teen, seat-kicking boys.  My seat.  I believe the ticket was about 7 bucks, too, which is $6.75 more than the actual film was worth, just on its own merit.  All in all, a rather souring experience.

That was, what, 12-14 years ago?  I believe I've held out admirably.  And until I was too poor to justify it, I satisfied my love for movies building a fairly impressive DVD collection.

What a great way to end the streak.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Livermush. You have just earned a "Guest Blogger" spot on the SilenceDogood2010 page.

    Respectfully submitted by SD2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Silence. You are too kind, my friend.

    ReplyDelete