Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Burr, Senator

I sent my Senator, Richard Burr (the only Senator from NC that I recognize as being "my" anything) an email via his online form the other day.  It in, I told him that I'm a registered Republican and two-time cancer survivor, and that I'm disappointed that he hasn't pledged to defund Obamacare.

I also mentioned that I'd heard his statement regarding those efforts to defund it, "the dumbest idea I've ever heard," and asked him if he hadn't, in fact, heard the "we've got to pass it, to find out what's in it" statement.

Seriously, Senator, which concept is the dumber of the two?  What do you think voters of North Carolina think is dumber, an elected representative who exhausts every last effort to fight against exploding Statism, or one who carefully cultivates his own political future.

His website claims he wants to "repeal & replace" the Affordable Care Act.  I think that's because, in the end, he still wants State control of my life and yours, but just doesn't like who gets the credit/blame for it.

He has my number and my email addy.  I've yet to hear back from him.

You can let him hear from you, though: Don't Fund Obamacare

No comments:

Post a Comment