Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

I Believe, Part II

I believe that hard work is its own reward, and that it takes no special talent to hustle, that is, to try.

I believe that you almost never get what you want, but you usually get what you need.  Especially, if you're hustling.

I believe that there is no such thing as "the common good."  There is no universal goodness, except for that which comes from the Creator.  Every other imagined collective good is a farce.

I believe in the Oath Keepers.

I believe that the response time to a 911 call is, on average, about 23 minutes.  And the response time of a .357 Magnum is about 1400 feet per second.

I believe that the DNC nominating Hillary (when that is bound to happen) is them telling us that the lives of Ambassador Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods, and Glen Doherty were of little consequence to them.  And, I believe that any media personality/pundit or delegate (or voter) that endorses her campaign holds those lives in similar disregard.

I believe that not paying taxes defunding Leviathan is less like stealing from your neighbor, and more like stealing from Tony Soprano.

I believe that Duramax makes a damn fine engine, and Allison a damn fine transmission, but that I'll probably never again buy anything from Government Motors.

I believe that Bill Whittle and Judge Andrew Napolitano would make great 3rd party candidates for President.  Matter of fact, I think we'd be better off if they were the only two choices, and the loser got the Veep slot, as in years past.

I believe that each State should consider Levin's Liberty Amendments, and that only those States that amend their own Constitutions thusly, should be allowed to continue belonging to the Union.  Reverse-secession, maybe.

I believe that Ranya Bardiwell, is the modern-day Dagny Taggart.  That is not intended to disparage either author, but to honor both.  And, I believe the EFAD trilogy should be made into a movie.

I believe the sport of American football is being ruined by the NFL, and I predict tackling will be altogether against the rules within the next 5 years.

I believe that Coach Smith should not accept the Congressional Medal of Freedom, until it's presented by someone with America's best interests at heart.

I believe the sweetest sound I know is a spirit-filled congregation singing How Great Thou Art.

I believe that no matter how many people are crowded atop this marble, abortion is wrong.

I believe that replenishing the Tree of Liberty with the blood of Patriots and tyrants alike will happen in our lifetime.  And I'm okay with that.

I believe that my dog is waiting for me on the other side of the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment