Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Then Sings My Soul (NSFW)

I don't know why I'd never seen this before, but mighty glad I stumbled on it yesterday.  My eyeballs were like a golf-course sprinkler system, each of six times that I watched it.

I showed it to Princess Nagsalot and dared her to watch it without weeping.  She tried and failed.  Miserably.

Elvis' version was great.  As was Johnny Cash's.  This was better.

Awesomer even than the Statler Brothers.  Yeah, I just made up that word.

If there's an officially licensed version of this video, I'm sorry that I didn't link it directly.  This is probably just the one with the most hits (24+million).  Apparently from a CBS production called Girl's Night Out.

To, I suppose, the one person out there who hadn't (like me and the Princess) already seen it...Not. Safe. For. Work.  Not safe, that is, if you overvalue your esteem.  Expand the video full screen, and crank up the volume.  I dare you.




"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinesen

No comments:

Post a Comment