Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A thing which is not good


When I first launched the "Good Stuff" player, my introduction said that I challenge anyone to find any duds on it, and this morning thought, "Why not throw in one of the duddiest, awfullest, and worstest ever and see if anyone gags over it?" As a joke, I had searched for and found the world's worst singer/songwriter for inclusion on the above playlist player. I was prepared to pick one of his "songs" and just stick it in there in hopes that everyone would get the rotten apple joke, but for two things: One, as I listened to a couple of his offerings in the playlist files (not the entire things, but as far into a few as I could stomach) I feared the shame I would bring on myself and others if someone mistakenly took me seriously...and Two, I just couldn't keep a straight face.

The FCB and I and a few others, when I last lived in Austin, and during a SouthBySoWhat festival were waiting at one of the venues on 6th street for The Resentments and had to endure this dipshit's repertoire. It's truly awful. So bad, in fact, that a person gets the feeling there's an unwashable stinky film stuck to thier skin after hearing it. You would have regretted that you had been in the same county, much less the same room if you'd have been there.

And now, the only reason that I post reference to it here is for the purpose of redirect. That is, if any of those scat trolls from Kate's Blatherings come around here, the following link will draw them moth-to-flame away from the picnic area. YOU scat trolls will like it, I promise. He will touch you, in a way which you will enjoy, but in a way that makes humans nauseous. My nickname for him was, and is: "my audience has no" as in...

Gentlemen and ladies for your bingeing-and-purging pleasure, I present Steve "my audience has no" Poltz. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Question: If you went there and subjected yourself to the Poltz nightmare, was your reaction more like the 2-word review of Spinal Tap's Shark Sandwich: "Shit sandwich"...or John Belushi's accoustic-smashing response to I gave my love a chicken...?

The biggest mystery to me is how come I can get 33 results to a search for Steve (that which has no value to mankind whatsoever and is aurally repulsive in every way) Poltz, whereas I get only 2 results for Phil Lee? Very sad state of affairs.

2 comments:

  1. nice post! lol.

    please tell me that my trolls DON'T come here. i am so sorry if they do. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fact is, my blog is small fry compared to your'n. I haven't been able to pick a fight with them, so I kinda expected that maybe they're lurking about. I imagine them huddled together, saying, "You do it...I'm not gonna do it...Let's get Mikey..."

    Don't be sorry for me. I swim the deep end of your comments section at my own discretion, and happily so. Part of me wishes we could disinfect your site of those vermin, but I know that's unlikely to happen. The best thing to come of it, in my opinion, is how poorly the indefensible moonbattery plays, as an example of (again) what not to do. That is, any sane folks not already fucked up by the One's koolaid can see your cockroaches scurrying for cover when the lights come on.

    Thanks again for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete