Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Livermush Audience

In an English Compostion class in kollege, one of the first things I learned was to have and keep an idea of who my audience was.  That is, who did I expect, or want, to be reading what I would write.

I confess that the more I write, the fuzzier and undefined my imagined audience seems to become.

So, for this blog post, I'm at least going to say who I hope to reach...

To those who sit on the fence regarding elections, afraid of making a mistake.  To those family & friends who harbored some sense of "white guilt" for past sins, real or imagined, against black folks and wanted back in '08 to say you've atoned for those sins by pulling the lever for a black man.

To those who've ostracized me for my outspokenness, those who've engaged in character assasination rather than debate, and those who prefer coalition building over community.

To those friends and relatives who believe that celebrity and polish are even nearly as important as honesty and accountability.

I don't care if you like me or agree with me, my country is at the direst of crossroads.  Along one path, there's a chance for America.  It isn't guaranteed, but it's a chance.  Along the other path, everthing good is at risk.  It is just that simple.



Thanks Victory Girls for the above video.

Any of you out there who know me...

If you'll go to Dinesh D'Souza's movie 2016, and bring me your ticket stub, I'll refund you the money.  Whether you like it or not, and whether it affects your opinion or not, I'll reimburse you.  Or, if there isn't a theatre nearby, I'll arrange to have the DVD sent to your home!

Additionally, anyone who wants to join me for Atlas Shrugged Part II tomorrow night, I'll pay your way.

Another video for you, thanks to Sister Toldjah.  James O'Keefe is busting corruptocrats again.  This time it's actual coordinated voter fraud by Obama's supporters.  Don't think your vote matters?  Consider the fact that America's internal enemies are voting twice (or more).



And finally, to Mr. Eberle (hope I recall the spelling correctly), from UCLA (University of Cullowhee Left of Asheville): Thanks for teaching me something.

No comments:

Post a Comment