Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Got Your Six

I thought the video of Hollywood celebrities, with their backs turned to the camera, saying to Veterans, "I got your Six", was highly offensive.  The pretense that they even care is repulsive to me.

Tom Hanks, Sarah Jessica Parker, Alec Baldwin, et al remind me of the Bob Dylan line:

You got a lot of nerve, to say your are my friend.
When I was down, you just stood there grinning.
You got a lotta nerve to say you got a helping hand to lend.
You just want to be on the side that's winning.
 
Where were these same people when those troops were first sent to the sandbox?  They were doing their level best to undermine victory.  And, they deserve nothing less than eternal shame for their hypocrisy.
 
Re-viewing the ad online (I won't link to it, 'cause it turns my stomach), I was encouraged to read this one comment posted below it...
 
To all you political celebrity hacks, no thanks! We neither trust you nor did we give you our SIX. Our six is earned in the crucible of service to The Constitution of the United States of America and forged with sweat, tears, blood and life which you have zero understanding of. Keep your hollow face saving bs campaign in hollywood. You don't deserve any part of six unless it's to kiss our American loving ass.

Perfect.
 
You wanna know who really has their six, and always has?
 
BLACKFIVE.  "Earned in the crucible of service."  Those guys are great.


No comments:

Post a Comment