Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Last Day For Free Castigo Cay

Friends,

Today is the last day to get a free Kindle download of Matt Bracken's Castigo CayGo to Amazon.com, and have others do likewise.


To whet your appetite, how about a short-story of Matt's, from about this time last year?

What I Saw at the Coup
-by Matt Bracken


This is the first time in many years that I have put pen to paper for a lengthy letter, so please forgive my misspellings, poor handwriting or any other errors. I will probably do this in one go and be finished with it. I won’t need much of this new notebook. It’s a nice room, desk and chair, but really, no computer? I just wish they would stop the hammering outside. I need to focus in order to write well.

No one person could possibly expect to know the full truth about such a complex history, so near to its time. But I know what I know, saw what I saw, and heard what I heard. Now it’s time to set the record straight, at least about what transpired between some of the key players in the lead up to the recent events.

What I have heard called “the plan” began as idle office chat, nothing more. (Of course, not much chat is ever truly idle at the very highest levels of power, between senior presidential advisors.) The first time I heard it mentioned was over lunch with Dennis in the White House Mess, down in the basement next to the situation room. We were at a quiet corner table of the wood-paneled dining room, tossing ideas for the next talking points back and forth. Routine.

Read the rest at WRSA...

No comments:

Post a Comment