Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Reading "Kindergarden" 0108-13

I'm reading Evan Sayet's The Kindergarden Of Eden.  Here's an excerpt:

About five years ago, I presented my thesis on "How the Modern Liberal Thinks" in a lecture to the Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C.  I began the talk by saying, "I've got to imagine that just about every one of us in this room recognizes that the Democrats are wrong on just about every issue.  Well, I'm here to propose to you that it's not just 'just about' every issue; it's quite literally every issue.  And it's not just wrong; it's as wrong as wrong can be."
 
Half a decade later, I am even more convinced that the Modern Liberal is, in fact, as wrong as wrong can be on quite literally every issue.  That is, I have no doubt that he will at every turn side with the lesser over the better, the wrong over the right, the ugly over the beautiful, the vulgar over the refined, the behaviors that lead to failure over those that lead to success and, first and foremost, with the evil over the good.

There'll surely be more such excerpts in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment