Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

These Will Stand

These North Carolinians will stand, and they will fight like they have Tar in their Heels.

Consider this from LT, NC Renegade:

But I am a soldier, and I know what must be done; and so I shall put away my sadness and I shall harness up the bitter steed of war, and gird myself up for the battle; and I shall ride out to meet the enemies of Liberty; not in rage, not for anger sake or the hope of vengeance; but because I swore an oath before God, to jealously guard our Republic and its Constitution against all enemies; Him I shall not disappoint, for He is my Hope and my Trust.


And this from Bob Owens:

From NFA ’34, to GCA ’68, to FOPA ’86, and the ’94 Crime Bill, the federal government has chipped away at the rights of gun owners in the name of “public safety.” Tellingly, the safety they’ve sought to protect in each and every one of those laws has been their own, attempting to defang the people so that when the people finally realize they have been cornered by their would-be masters, they have nothing left with which to strike back in their own defense.  
Not one step more. That is what I pledge to my children.


It is a crossroads we approach.  Our army from one direction.  Theirs, in opposition, from another.  And if I suggest that you will soon have to decide into which camp you'll make your allegiance, which one will it be?  If you haven't thought much (or any) about the possibility of having to choose, please go read those two linked essays, and get back to me.  Or, don't get back to me...but at least, start thinking about the ramifications of such a decision.

Their tyranny is not something on the horizon.  It is here now, and almost fully realized.  It is something with its cancerous tentacles already insinuated into our fabric.  The necessity for an incision is practically unavoidable.  Their tyranny and our Liberty cannot coexist, not peacefully or otherwise.  Sooner or later, one side or the other will have to be eliminated.

"Harnessing up the bitter steed of war."

Oh yeah.  I'll stand.  The Old North State is as good a place as any to start this thing up.  Not like it'll be the first time we picked a fight against a tyrant.

Looking at the folks on our side...I really like our chances.  God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment